It’s been almost two years since Private First Class Bradley Manning was arrested. He is being accused of releasing classified documents to Wikileaks. As a whistleblower Manning was held for nine months without being charged for a crime and starting Friday evening Occupy the Truth will kick off in Berkeley. At the conference Bradley Manning’s case will be an important topic and activist Cindy Sheehan brings us the latest about Occupy the Truth.
Posts Tagged ‘#dsot’
Tags: #dsot, #intelligence, #OWS, #p2, Barack Obama, Bradley Manning, Cindy Sheehan, Daniel Ellsberg, Whistleblowers, Wikileaks
Tags: #dsot, #OWS, #p2, Green Party, Roseanne Barr
Here are five main points on her platform, which she detailed in the Green Party questionnaire:
- OBLITERATION OF THE “TWO PARTY” SYSTEM: “I will achieve this by becoming the first Green Party President of these United States as a result of our victory in the 2012 general election. I also believe it’s essential to do away with the Electoral College.”
- CORPORATIONS ARE NOT PEOPLE: “I will introduce a Constitutional Amendment that will end corporate person-hood and remove the unfair advantage that corporations have in influencing the decisions made in Washington. If it doesn’t think, breathe and bleed, it’s not human. It’s not even a dog. I will then take this one crucial step further and embrace current efforts to remove all money from our electoral process.”
- ECONOMIC JUSTICE: “As President of the United States, I will reinstate the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933 as well as bringing back the financial transaction tax that, for pennies on the dollar, will be a windfall for social programs in danger of being cut. I will remove the immoral cap on FICA tax for the rich. I will rewrite labor laws so that U.S. companies are bound by them even when they try to skirt them by shipping jobs overseas. This will effectively roadblock mega-corporations from outsourcing production to countries with immoral, inadequate and nonexistent labor laws. Our jobs will stay here in the United States of America where they belong. I will close the loopholes that allow some of our nation’s most profitable corporations to get away with not paying any taxes at all.”
- HEALTH CARE NOT WARFARE: “Not only will I bring home all U.S. troops from Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Libya, Mexico and the Horn of Africa, but I will also permanently shut down the 1,000-plus foreign U.S. military bases around the world. This would save more than enough money to implement a singlepayer health care system in the United States. Guantanamo Bay will remain open and that is where I will send anyone who opposes this plan. Just kidding on that last part.”
- LEGALIZATION OF MARIJUANA: ” I’m sick and tired of this “medical marijuana” sham. All marijuana is medicinal and we have to stop pretending that there is some sort of moral superiority to calling some of it “medical.” I will legalize all marijuana and all drugs in general. Drug education will be offered and treatment plans will be put in place for abusers. Sweeping the problem under the rug by turning non-violent abusers into criminals only exacerbates the problem by pretending that real solutions don’t exist. Behold the Greening of America!”
Tags: #corporatism, #dsot, #OWS, #p2, Chris Hedges, Lawrence Lessig
On January 20th, occupiers across the country rallied together in protest against the insidious influence of the corporations over the judiciary. Shortly before the rally in Foley Square, New York CIty, Lawrence Lessig and Chris Hedges met in front of Occupy TVNY’s cameras to discuss their vision of change.
Tags: #capitalism, #corporatism, #dsot, #labor, #OWS, #p2
A majority of Americans no longer believe in the inevitability of the American Dream. RT talks to people on the streets of Washington to hear what they think.
Tags: #capitalism, #corporatism, #dsot, #OWS, #p2, #poverty, #wages, #war, Capitol Hill, Occupy Congress, Occupy Wall Street
Four months after Occupy Wall Street grew into a nationwide phenomenon, America’s Occupy activists plan to descend on Capitol Hill to “Occupy Congress” on Tuesday in what organizers hope could be the movement’s largest gathering yet.
Tags: #Bribery, #capitalism, #contractors, #corporatism, #corruption, #dsot, #Lobbyists, #OWS, #p2, #warprofiteers, Congress, Jack Abramoff
When it comes to big money in America’s politics, lobbyists are the people who know exactly how it works. RT talks to former lobbyist Jack Abramoff who explains why he thinks Washington is corrupted to the core.
Tags: #dsot, #labor, #OWS, #p2, #poverty, OurTube
Abraham,Martin,and John. Performed by Dion.
Tags: #corporatism, #dsot, #journalism, #OWS, #p2, #war
Tags: #dsot, #p2, #war, #warprofiteers, Gitmo, Guantanamo, Morris Davis
RTAmerica : Obama had promised to close down Gitmo if he was elected president but has fallen short. Colonel Morris Davis, former Gitmo official, resigned from his position in 2007 in protest of political interference in the military commissions of Guantanamo prisoners and joins us to discuss Gitmo.